|Viral Load Not Reliable after period of time???
Mar 1, 2001
My gynecologists tells me that the PCR RNA is not reliable. Now after having a negative antibody test at 16 wks and a undetectable (<400 copies) at 18 weeks, I am freaking out. He says that the viral load could very well be undetectable at 18 weeks even in the absence of antibodies and no medication. All this conflicting information! What gives!!?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
An undetectable viral load in the ABSENCE of antibodies after 4 months of exposure equals NO HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- If You Keep Getting Vaginal Infections In Your Vagina, Do That Mean You Have HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.