|Viral Load Not Reliable after period of time???
Mar 1, 2001
My gynecologists tells me that the PCR RNA is not reliable. Now after having a negative antibody test at 16 wks and a undetectable (<400 copies) at 18 weeks, I am freaking out. He says that the viral load could very well be undetectable at 18 weeks even in the absence of antibodies and no medication. All this conflicting information! What gives!!?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
An undetectable viral load in the ABSENCE of antibodies after 4 months of exposure equals NO HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Information On Chlamydia
- Std That Causes Sharp Pain On Left Side Of Stomach
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.