white blood cells
Aug 12, 2002
I understand that an individual with HIV can have a perfectly normal CBC. However, if an abnormality were to appear in the white blood cells, would it be more likely to be a high wb count or a low wb count? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
In HIV infection the white blood cell count can either be high or low.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Cold Feet A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Muscle Ache An Ars Symptom?
- Achy Balls After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Period Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.