Horizontal Transmission between father and son

Hello Expert:

I found a website Http://www.Aegis.com/news/upi/2001/up010710.h and this site is about a case in Buenos Aires where a two year old boy went to the doctor because he was very sick. The doctor suspected HIV so they tested the boy. He tested positive. They then tested the whole family & and out of the father, mother, and the boy's siblings only the father tested positive. The did a viral dna of both viruses and found the strains to be almost identical. They then called forensic experts to evalute the boy for sexual abuse and there was no evidience of sexual abuse found. They concluded they close father to son contact could have been the cause of transmission.

What do you make of this? Could HIV infected parents in some cases transmit the virus to there children through the usual childcare contact? Such as bathing, sharing food with them etc. By the way the article also mentioned that there was a similar case in Italy.

Thanx for taking the time to my post!

I believe the evidence is inconclusive to support their claim. If this were true, why aren't we seeing thousands of such casual contact cases coming to light?

What's up (or down) with my cd4 count
white blood cells