Aug 11, 2002
I know that Igm Antibodies are pruduced during the initial infection and Igg later on. My question is How long after infection are Igg antibodies produced??
Thanks so much
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Both are produced during acute HIV infection. IgM antibodies are produced first, but are followed in days by IGG antibodies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cutaneous Candidiasis Tinea Corporis Tinea Cruris Tinea Pedis Or Pityriasis Versicolor
- Would You Test Positive For Hiv If You Have The Symptoms
- The Percent Of Hiv Worldwide Caused By Prostitution
- If Tested For Hiv Will It Show Up Postive For Chlamydia?
- Hiv Support Groups For Gay Men
- Can A Bed Bug Bite Transmit Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.