Aug 11, 2002
I know that Igm Antibodies are pruduced during the initial infection and Igg later on. My question is How long after infection are Igg antibodies produced??
Thanks so much
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Both are produced during acute HIV infection. IgM antibodies are produced first, but are followed in days by IGG antibodies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- Vaginal Infections Caused By Sperm
- Accidental Intake Of A Double Dose Of HIV Medication
- Elisa Test 3 Months Conclusive
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.