Aug 11, 2002
I know that Igm Antibodies are pruduced during the initial infection and Igg later on. My question is How long after infection are Igg antibodies produced??
Thanks so much
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Both are produced during acute HIV infection. IgM antibodies are produced first, but are followed in days by IGG antibodies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
- Is Stringy Vaginal Discharge A Side Effect From Provera?
- Short Term And Long Term Effects Of Genital Herpes
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted In Makeup?
- Chances Of HIV From Blood To Blood Contact
- Contact With Vaginal Fluids When Removing The Condom HIV Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.