Re: which is more accurate

I asked the question about the difference in test methologies.I have another question.My new doctor is very reasonable and willing to work with me from all aspects of treatment,Therefore he has allowed me to use the lab I have been using for the last 8 years so my results stay consistant.I guess there was a miscommunication with the nurse and the test codes for the vl(bdna vs. pcr)If I come out detectable with pcr as you sugested may happen would you reccommend retesting with bdna and then just going back to that version all the time or starting a new with pcr and following that trend?The biggie here is I am getting ready for a monitored treatment interruption and both my doc and myself wanted the most up to date numbers before we commence.What is you opinion? Also do to have a personal preference on which test you like better in clinical practice? Finally which would be the better one to use during a sti for monthly monitoring? Thank you

Either strategy, continuing to use bDNA, or re-baselining with PCR will work. Both tests are comparable in terms of accuracy.

lymphenadopathy
STD and Viral load question!!!!!!!!!