Home Access test for all HIV 1 Sub Types
Aug 2, 2002
Here is an answer I received from Home Access Customer Inquiries, when asked if their test would detect all HIV-1 sub types, including the O-type: "Hello, The Home Access HIV test with detect antibodies for all subtypes of HIV-1. You should check with your doctor or a teaching hospital regarding tests for HIV-2. If an individual has enough antibodies at 10 weeks, the first generation ELISA would pick it up.
Thank you, Fred, Home Access Customer Inquiries"
I think it might be of interest for the community.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.