Drop in CD4, still undetectable.

Recently my doctor reduced my Videx EC dosage from 400mg to 250mg. At the time of switch two months ago I was at 1086CD4 and vl77. Now I'm back to undetectable but at 770CD4. This doesn't make sense, since if I'm undetectable how could I have such a drop in two months time of CD4?

First you need to make sure that the lab performing the test is the same. Different labs will give different numbers. Then what happened to your total white blood cell count, lymphocyte count and percentage and percentage of CD4 cells? The percentage of CD4 cells is a much more stable number over time, whereas the absolute CD4 number can shift significantly. If there was a shift down in the first two, but the CD4% stayed the same, this could account for the change in absolute number.

Viral Load
Home Access test for all HIV 1 Sub Types