Aug 2, 2002
If vaccinations, infections and other human conditions can cause the PCR numbers to fluctuate drastically, why is it not possible for other chronic conditions, like an abundance of cellular debris to consistantly skew the VL numbers? In other words, PCR doesn't at all claim to be HIV specific does it?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
PCR is a generic technology used for a variety of molecular applications. The PCR assay used for HIV detection is quite specific. False positives due to other infections or conditions would be extremely unlikely.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms Could I Have HIV
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Selenium Sulfide Help With Flat Warts Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.