Follow up to 'Using a Biopsy to Identify/Rule Out HIV Infection'

Dear Mark - firstly thanks for the quick reply - just a follow up. You mention that there is no need for a biopsy to confirm a diagnosis that the blood tests will accomplish. However, do you feel in this instance further blood testing (Elisa or Viral load) is warranted? My patient is concerned that the virus had been trapped in his lymph nodes and thus is not detectable in the blood. Is this possible? - it seems impossible to me.

Many thanks in advance

I have not heard of such case previously, or if that is even plausible.

will a newly infected person always show a load?
Undetectable Viral Load without Meds