which is more accurate????

Dear Doctors, I am confused over which test is better for monitoring vl the ultrasensative pcr or third gen bdna? I've alway been less than 50 on the bdna, but recently changed doctors and noticed after the fact that the lab slip was for the pcr method.Will my result be accurate? Thank you

You will have to reestablish your baseline with the new method of viral load testing. Depending on the version of PCR test, the viral load result may be up to 2-3 times higher with a PCR test compared to bDNA. Thus, don't be suprised if your viral load is somewhere between 50-200. On the other hand you may have a very low or zero viral load, in which case the PCR test will read undetectable as well.

Resistance or blip
will a newly infected person always show a load?