Blip or Failure?

Quick stats....Diagnosed 8/99...viral load over 750,000, cd 4 was 7. Started treatment, vl went to under 400 within 9 months (don't know why dr. uses 400 test instead of 50...think it is insurance co). CD4 hung around the 300 range.

Last week got most recent results in. Showed vl of 800, but CD4 went to 375, which is highest since diagnosis.

Dr. said to come back in 3 mos for another test, but I am very worried that this could mean that my treatment is failing. Is 800 too high for a blip? Should I get another test before 3 months?

I have been very good about takinh meds. Sometimes I am an hour or two late, but the Dr. says that is ok with what I take. I take Ziagen, Combivir, and Sustiva. I have missed a dose of Sustiva twice in 3 years (haven't missed in about a year), and missed the Ziagen/Combivir combo only once, about 2 years ago.

What are your thoughts? Is this just a blip?

Blips can get that high. I agree with your doc, I would just repeat the numbers and then act accordingly.

Why the dramatic change?
Pityriasis Rosea and HIV