we need the experts to continue to update us

Dear DR. I understand that it is too early to say definitively what is the future for those with the HIV virus because the recent medicine has not been around long enough, but I am sure that as scientists you all are making some type of projections what do you think is to become of all of us in this era of the AIDS fight. I mean I hear from some people that AIDS is now considered like diabetes, could this be true? Please comment. Everyone in the media is talking like Drs. and unfortunately I am hearing very little from actual Drs. Thank you again.

This is still an individual patient/person observation to make. It is complicated by when you get infected (how old you are), by what viral strain (ie, presence of drug resistant mutants), your underlying immune system and genetics, willingness or requirement to take meds, and other confounding illnesses (like HCV infection or ongoing heart disease, lipid problems).

pcr and elisa negative...
Window Period: 4 weeks?