Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CPK Elevated levels
Jul 19, 2002

I recently went for a blood test and had elevated levels of CPK of 4444 and was sent to the hospital the levels were dropping over time and was down under 3000 at the time the hospital released me on an outpatient basis.

They could not acertain what caused the elevation.

I work out at a gym with a trainer three times a week and have had a pain on the right side of my neck for about a week. The pain does not move and does not normally restrict movement of my head. The intensisty of the pain varies from day to day.

Any ideas on what may have caused these level and what long term affects it may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Those kinds of levels are usually related to muscle injury or disease.

Previous
HIV Exposure In West Africa
Next
white blood cells

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.