HIV1/HIV2 Home test kit
Mar 1, 2001
I prefer to be tested privately at home so I used the Home Access Test kit which tests for HIV1 only. Is there a technical reason that HIV2 cannot also be detected through a home testing kit? I know many labs test for both and was wondering why not include HIV2 screening as well for the home test. Thank you.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Don't know, you'll have to ask Home Access or the CDC.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your Body?
- Is Cervical Cancer Contagious To Men?
- Std Irritation Inside Penis Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.