HIV Exposure In West Africa

I just tested negative for HIV I after a high risk exposure in W. Africa two months ago. My question is, because HIV II progresses slower, is it possible that I will test + later (I believe I read in previous postings that the antibodies produced for both HIV I and II are similar, thus I am assuming that I could test + for an HIV 1 test if I have HIV 2). Is this a correct assumption? I know I need to re-test myself again in a few months, but I am wondering if my body has not seroconverted yet after 2 months if I have HIV 2 and also, what are the possibilites of testing + on an HIV 1 test if you have HIV 2?

Please answer! I apologize for the question---I know you don't like to answer questions concerning testing to anxious people but I have not read a posting relating to this question and I've scoured the site! I really appreciate your help.

There are specific tests for HIV-2 antibodies and there are combined HIV-1/2 antibody screening tests.

False Positive
CPK Elevated levels