need more info

Dear Dr Holodniy, A previous question was sent to you which you answered. I was asking about my lab results. You said in relation to HIV they were quite good. Does that mean they were good for someone who had HIV for 16 years and was unwell or just good in general - even without HIV?? I can't make any sense out of the lab results. Are my CD4's above 500?? My posting was "Results" 1 June 2002. I would really appreciate your help with this as it causes me anxiety to have such little understanding of these results and of HIV. Other people who write in seem very well informed. Iam not from your country and haven't found any one who will spend time explaining the changes in blood test results from AIDS. This site is a great comfort to isolated people like me.

Thankyou for your assistance.

Good for someone with HIV infection and who has had the infection for that many years.

How Calculate CD4?
DNA PCR HIV