Second Labs In: Questioning differences between BDNA and PCR tests.

Hi Doctor, Wrote to you several weeks back regarding my potential for disease progression. Thank you so much for your quick response! My first set of labs back in late February were a viral load of 523 copies by bDNA and a CD4 count of 540 (25). I have switched doctors since then to one that uses PCR testing and today I got my latest labs in. My CD4 cells have gone up to 736 (24), so have my CD8's, and my viral load is 909. My question is, what are the quantitative differences in bDNA and the PCR tests? What would a 909 viral load by PCR translate into if the test had been done using the bDNA method like I did the first time. I read that PCR tests read a little higher. I just want to make sure that my viral load is staying in check and not actually going up. Based on these latest labs, does everything still look pretty good? Thank you for all your input. -Chris

The PCR results are about 2 times higher, so the bDNA results would still be about 500.

Opportunistic Infections
Early PN or late PN?