Opportunistic Infections

My T4 cell count has been around 1100. HIV+ for 2 years; no meds yet; generally in good health, but I am worried about continuing diagnosis of thrush and oral hairy leukoplakia. It was periodic in the past, but now seems to be persistent. Currently taking Diflucan again, which works. (Previously used Nystatin, which did not seem effective). I was very sick during acute HIV infection stage 2 years ago. I thought thrush and OHL were more symptomatic with someone who had a a T4 cell count of approx 200 of less. 1. Is my scenario out of the ordinary? I'm not a smoker and not taking any anti-biotics or steroids. 2. If my T4 count continues to stay high, should I not worry about these continuing episodes of thrush and OHL? 3. In terms of opportunistic infections, is there any one specific infection that I should next be on the look-out for? 4. Do HIV opportunistic infections appear in any type of most common sequence or pattern? Thanks

1. out of the ordinary, but not unheard of. 2. I would not worry about it too much. 3. No, and you should not develop those kinds of infections given your numbers. 4. Not really, although part of what develops is a function of what you have been exposed to in the past. For instance not all people have been exposed to toxoplasmosis. Many of the serious infections don't develop until the CD4 count goes below 100.

confused about test results.
Second Labs In: Questioning differences between BDNA and PCR tests.