The use of cd4/cd8 ratio in diagnosis
Jun 15, 2002
Sorry, me again. Just one last question. If hiv infection is the only cause of a cd4/cd8 ratio less than 1, why not use this as a diagnostic tool when a patient has symtoms of ars but is still not positive on antibody or pcr testing?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The ratio will NOT be < 1 in the overwhelming marjority of people during acute infection. Thus, it is not a good test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Rash After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can My Penis Fall Off From An Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- I Have Bright Red Vaginal Discharge And Odor
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.