so, how long?
Jun 10, 2002
Mark, please tell me:
For how long a person in his 20s and infected 3 months ago could live healthy (being adherent to current meds). Is it 15-20 years? Or an almost normal life span?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The book is still be written. Many factors, including the development of other diseases, will impact HIV infection. There are clearly people now who have lived with the infection for 20 years. So as new medicines come on line it is conceivable that 20 years to a normal life time is possible.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Certain Blood Types More Likely To Get Hiv?
- Aids Or Hiv From Having Sex With A Girl On Her Period
- How Long Can You Test Negative For Hiv While Actually Being Positive?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Will Chlamydia Be Detected In Blood Test?
- What Stds Cause Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.