Jun 1, 2002
Dr. Can you have liver damage and still have normal liver enzymes. I had higher than normal enzymes for more than three years. Getting normal labs lately. quit drinking and stopped the suppliments I was taking. still on Vericept,d4t,3tc, 6yrs now
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes you can have normal blood levels of liver enzymes and still have significant damage in the liver, from whatever reason. The gold standard to assess liver damage would be a liver biopsy to look at the liver tissue directly. However, the liver can recover much of it's function, if not permanently damaged, if it is not further insulted by drugs, alcohol, or hepatitis viruses.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Shoulder Back Pain Headache Hiv Symptoms?
- Would My Boyfriend Get Chlamydia If I Didn't Tell Him The First Time
- White Bumps Vagina Hpv Signs
- What Percentage Of People In The Usa Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
- What Color Are Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.