May 27, 2002
Will oral thrush clear up without treatment? Will it spread or worsen if left untreated? How long does it typically last?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
With HIV infection, it depends on the degree of immune suppression. It usually does not go away on it's own. The lower the CD4 count, the higher the likelihood it can spread. It can last for days to weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.