May 27, 2002
Why does the percentage of neutrophils decrease while the percentage of lymphocytes increase while on antivirals? I always thought one should have like70 neutrophils and 30 lymphocytes,but I noticed over the years on antiviral thearapy my lymph's are 50 or higher and neutrophils around 40 sometimes lower.It always seems to be this ratio no matter what my total wbc.Before antivirals, they were the 65/35 ratio.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
HIV infection usually results in a great increase in lymphocytes, which then shifts the neutrophil count down.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Burning Urethra A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Testicular Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.