May 20, 2002
with ones immune system of 25 with pcp pneaumonia, and full blown aids with no prior treatment, age 68 female, what are the chances of recovery from pcp and how long can one be expected to live afterwards
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Chance of recovery is very good. Given that CD4 count, without treatment for HIV, the survival time is probably less than 3 years. If HIV treatmeent is started and the CD4 count increases significantly and the HIV virus level is suppressed, than survival can be significantly prolonged.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Oral Sex Form Sex Worker
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Rimming
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Dried Semen
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Anal Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.