All about PN
May 19, 2002
Dr. Holodniy: 1) Does Peripheral Neurophathy appears in pacients that have not taken any medication? 2) If it does appear, would it appear at earlier stages, medium stages or very advanced stages of the infection? When would it appear? 6 months? 1 year? more? 3) I understand PN starts with tingling at the feet. Does it appear during the day and diminish during the night, or is it rather constant and not associated with resting (i.e. laying down)?
Thanks very much for your answers.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. Can appear in the absence of meds. 2. Usually appears in more advanced patients. 3. Some people have it worse at night, others have it worse when they are up and walking around.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Does Antihistamine Help Atrophic Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.