May 13, 2002
DR.i am hiv-and i was wondering is there other diseases that causes low white blood counts,other then hiv?would drinking alcohol,a night before getting a cbc test lower my white blood cells?does other std effect white cells?does stress has effect on them?thank you for your time and expertise....
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It would be unlikely that alcohol one time would affect a white blood cell count acutely. Chronic alcohol use could affect the bone marrow and cause low blood counts. Other causes could include meds, other infections, some malignancies. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Epididymitis Symptoms Causes Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.