cd4/cd8 ratio climbing
Apr 28, 2002
greetings, I saw in an archived post what the correct cd4/cd8 ratio should be.(1-1.5)What if with treatment the ratio over time travels from a pretreatment of .75 to 2.0 on long term treatment. If the ratio keeps increasing(more cd4's than cd8's)can this be a sign of something possibly autoimmune? All other numbers are in normal range.Thank you
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not sure this would be an autoimmune phenomenon. It is very possible that the CD8 count could be decreasing with viral containment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.