Time between Hiv and AIDS
Apr 22, 2002
Is there an average amount of time that a person is expected to live HIV positive before it becomes AIDS?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
In natural history studies in the era without HIV meds, the average time was 5-10 years. In the current era with potent HIV meds this can be extended at least several more years.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Night Sweats Mean I Have AIDS?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Will Douching Get Rid Of This Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.