Apr 8, 2002
In the 3 months since i got diagnosed my cd4 has doubled from 492 20 to 1012 23 and vl has risen from 3400 to 19200. My WCC has remained the same but my neutrophils have nearly halved and my lymphocytes have doubled. I thought that cd4 only decreases as it progresses or does it mean i could have been sick for one of the readings? Thanks, Andrew
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You certainly could have been sick. Alternatively, depending on when you were infected relative to when you tested and were found to be antibody positive, your CD4 and your CD8 count may have increased dramatically, which accounts for the total increase in lymphocyte count. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
- Bruise And Cut On Testicles And Hiv Transmission
- Can An Hiv-positive Person Attend Nursing School?
- Can Gonorrhea Be Transmitted Through Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.