Apr 8, 2002
I have recently been diagnosed HIV+ with cd4 count of 500 and vl of 3,000. I tested negative 9 months ago. Do you think these counts are high for a person contracting the virus within the last 9 months??
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I don't think they are necessarily "high". A norma CD4 count range is 500-1500. Your viral load is low. It indicates that your immune system is doing a pretty good job in controlling viral replication on its own. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.