Apr 8, 2002
I have recently been diagnosed HIV+ with cd4 count of 500 and vl of 3,000. I tested negative 9 months ago. Do you think these counts are high for a person contracting the virus within the last 9 months??
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I don't think they are necessarily "high". A norma CD4 count range is 500-1500. Your viral load is low. It indicates that your immune system is doing a pretty good job in controlling viral replication on its own. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Cancer?
- Can You Get Rid Of Gunnera The Std?
- Chances Of Getting Cervical Cancer If You Are Monogamous
- How Long Does It Take To Show Signs Of Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.