Apr 8, 2002
When using a PCR to look for proviral HIV DNA, is the DNA the test is looking for in neutrophils or lymphocytes, or neither or both.
Would a low neutrophil count affect the test <1000 or would it have to be lower like around <500 for a false negative.
Thanks for all your time...
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The test looks for HIV DNA in mononuclear cells, which would be monocytes and lymphocytes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does Marinol Stay In Your System?
- Can Somebody Get Infected With Hiv Through Drinking Infected Blood?
- If I Had Hiv Would It Affect My Wbc Count?
- Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy And Hepatitis C
- Number Of Physicians Contracting Hiv From Patients
- Anxiety Symptoms Cause By Fear Of Hiv Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.