|64 CD4 and 300,000 VL
Mar 30, 2002
Doctor, My friend just told he tested positive and his numbers where CD4 64 and VL 300,000.He said that he was told that is not an Aids diagnosis because he didn't have an OI at the time of diagnosis.He is also smoking Pot and I tried to tell him that he could get a fungal infection from smoking pot,won't listen to me.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Someone with HIV infection and a CD4 count of < 200 or 14%, by definition has AIDS. Although there is a small but real risk of fungal infection using marijuana, there are many benefits for medicinal marijuana use in HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Fever After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.