detectable viremia prior to seroconversion
Mar 30, 2002
Is it known if phase of detectable viremia for HIV is a long or short period of time prior to antibody formation? Thanks....
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Short. It is a matter of days or a up to a week or two before antibodies are formed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Hiv From Woman To Man?
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
- Do Swollen Lymph Nodes Go Away With Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv From One Time Sex With A Hiv Positive Person?
- Can I Get Hep C From Swallowing Semen?
- Cut Under Nail And Fingering Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.