Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

low viral load, untreated
Mar 24, 2002

I am untreated by meds, with a viral load bouncing between 18 and 2800 over the past two years, mostly about 700. My t-cells have also bounced a bit, between 500-650, and 32-35. My doctor thinks I need a test only twice a year with these numbers. Do you agree? He says I may never need meds, but that we won't know for some years, say 7-8 after infection. Do you agree? Needless to say, I am grateful to be so fortunate so far.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Your numbers llok great. I would be reluctant to predict that far out in the future, but I would say that your numbers currently don't require therapy. Although most providers recommend quarterly labs, if your numbers are very steady then half yearly numbers could be OK.

Previous
Will my status be known?
Next
big cd4 drop

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.