Combination of ELISA/PCR
Feb 23, 2001
Doc, thanks for the wonderful job you do on this forum! Would you mind answering a question: With a combination PCR RNA test at 4 weeks after exposure, and an ELISA at 8 weeks post exposure (both negative), what would you guess the negative predictive value would be?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
About 99%. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Risks Of Getting AIDS When Using A Condom?
- Can A Teenager Get A Hiv Test Without Parents Consent?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Thrush?
- Can You Get AIDS From Anal Sex With Condom?
- Can You Get HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Condom Slipped
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.