syphilis and tests that can be done after 12 years

I gave birth to a girl 11 years ago. I was told by a nurse that i had syphilis when i question my doctor i was told that wasn't the case.My daughter was in intubator when i questio why nurses told me that it was because she had snuffles what i understood was sniffles. nowI'nstudying to be nurse and i understand that snuffles can be cause by congenital syphilis. i spoke to my daughter's doctor a rpr was done which was negative. after 11 how reliable in this test. wouldn't the virus be on the late stages? please answer my question from a concern mother. I have tried to get my daughter's hospital record and hospital told me they could'nt find the records.my daughter has a heart mumur.

Syphilis is caused by a bacteria, not a virus. An RPR is usually positive in people with active, or untreated syphilis. There are other tests which would be more definitive to rule out syphilis like an FTA or MHA-TP test. I think at this point it is very unlikely. MH

Can I rule out ARS by nasal congestion?
Mixed info. on timing