Can HBV affect your family
Feb 18, 2001
I have two quick qeustions. One I have been Told that I have HBV and I am 20 years old I want to know later on in life when i have kids will that affect my family (husband and child) and can it cure itself.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
First, you have to get clarification on whether you are just antibody positive and therefore had exposure with resolution of infection. Or you are chronically infected as determined by surface antigen positivity or HBV DNA PCR test positivity. If you have chronic infection, then there is the possibility of transmitting the virus. There is also treatment available. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do The Glands Stay Swollen During The Acute Stage Of Hiv?
- What Dose Of Neurontin For Peripheral Neuropathy?
- How Do You Deal With Friends Who Are Hiv Positive?
- Hepatitis C White Blood Cell Count
- How Long Can A Person Be Infected With Hiv Before Showing Signs Of Infection?
- Does The Aids Virus Die When In Contact With Oxygen?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.