|GGT Liver enzimes
Mar 17, 2002
I just had lab work done for a life insurance policy and it came back with a high leval of GGT enzime. Because of this one high leval the insurance went up 33 what is GGT and what could this be a symptom of
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
GGT is a liver enzyme. The elevation of this enzyme in the blood indicates some abnormality in the liver. It is very nonspecific as many diseases can affect the liver and cause liver enzyme elevation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is A High White Blood Cell Count An Indicator Of Hiv?
- What Type Of Doctor Specializes In The Treatment Of Herpes?
- What To Do About Herpes On Face?
- What Is The Chlamydia And Gonorrhea Test Called?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Lip?
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.