Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Response to Jan 17 Thank you (2)
Feb 18, 2001

Dear Doctor,

My six month test was negative. I was tested for HIV 1 A & B. I requested tests for HIV II and O also, but was refused. Actually, they said the HIV 1 A and B covered all. This was a huge relief. I am still not 100 convinced and will take the 12 month. After that, I will be clear of this (I hope and Pray). Believe me when I say that I am no longer so wrapped up in worry that it is all I think of (as was the case for six months.

The only symptom that I have had recently is dark circles under my eyes and tired more than usual (possibly anemic?) What bothers me is that my wife has developed these symptoms also. I have one questions: If a patient asks for other tests, should a patient be granted them?

I also want to thank the individual who prayed for me. I have been thinking about that person and I am grateful for the concern shown.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

posted. MH

Previous
Flu Shot and HIV Test
Next
In regards to your answer

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.