HIV Type 2
Mar 17, 2002
What is HIV Type 2?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
HIV-2 is a cousin of HIV-1, the main type of HIV virus that causes infection. It primarily infects people in West African countries. It has a different pattern of milder disease and requires a different blood test to confirm infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Does Herpes Appear?
- When You Have Genital Warts Do You Have A Lot Of Them Or Just One Wart?
- What If You Have Chlamydia For Over A Year?
- What Happens When You Take The Hpv Vaccine But Already Have Genital Warts?
- What Happens When Shingles Gets In The Brain?
- What Causes Genital Warts To Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.