HIV Type 2
Mar 17, 2002
What is HIV Type 2?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
HIV-2 is a cousin of HIV-1, the main type of HIV virus that causes infection. It primarily infects people in West African countries. It has a different pattern of milder disease and requires a different blood test to confirm infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
- Can You Get Cancer From A Std?
- Are Night Sweats A Sign Of Acute Hiv Infection?
- Can Blood On Tweezers Transmit Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.