antigen p24

Greetings doc, it's been nine months since I've been diagnosed, and was exposed approx. nine months to diagnosing. I've had three vl/cd4 counts done, with the numbers as follows exposed late summer of 1999 approx. diagnosed april 2000 18000/326 may 2000 33000/356 june 2000 8000/396 december 2000 I have elected not to take any meds for now, but keep a close eye on things. I'm hoping for newer meds with less side effects to come out. My goal is not to be on meds for at least five years, by then hopefully, they're will be something better out. I currently take various vitamins including nac. I hope with the vitamins and a lot of prayer all things will work for good. The question I have for you is the antigen p24, I've seen that they're is talk about p24, but i really don't understand it. When I was diagnosed they told me that i was p24 negative, which they said was good, exactly what does negative mean and positive in reference to p24. Thanks for your input, and any other suggestions you might have. I would not mind being in clinical studies, but only ones pertaining to vaccines. thanks again, g

P24 antigen is a protein that is part of the HIV viral particle. During acute infection, it is produced in excess (that required to make viral particles) and can be detected in the blood serum by a commercial test. It is usually present for about 1-4 weeks after infection. Once antibodies begin to be produced, it disappears. Production can begin again in late stages of disease (AIDS) in those people not on treatment as a marker again of high viral replication. MH

viral load increase after years undetectable
Contradicitng Information