ELISA negative, PCR undetectable, CD4 370?
Feb 14, 2001
Possible exposure a year and a half ago. I have been experiencing symptoms similar to HIV for little over a year. My Elisa and PCR test were negative at three months and tested negative at one year with the Elisa; however, my CD4 count is currently at 370. Is there a possibility that a PCR cannot pick up the virus at three months? Is it a possibility that it would not pick up the virus at 11 months while taking a high dose of Vitiman C (3000 mg)? Is it possible not to produce antibodies after a year and show up undetectable on a PCR test?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
No to all 3. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.