Third Generation tests
Feb 14, 2001
What is a third generation test.Is it a more updated test than say a 1st or 2nd gen.test. Lastly, which generation of tests would be the most "up to date"?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The generation specifies the technology and types of HIV-1 that can be diagnosed. 3rd or 4th generation depending on the vendor are up-to-date. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hep C From Drinking Out Of A Cup Or Eating From Someone's Plate?
- How Many Years Before Hiv Symptoms Appear?
- The Effects Of Untreated Hiv Infection
- When Does Diarrhea Start After Hiv Infection?
- Can You Get Hiv If Both Partners Are Clean?
- Can You Get Hiv Or Stds From Receiving Fellatio?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.