High T-cells + High Viral Load
Feb 14, 2001
My T-cell count is okay (about 700) but my Viral load is very high (80,000) I have a choice whether to start medication or to wait. I also have Hepatitis C and feel I should wait to start medication because of liver damage. What is your advice?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I probably would recommend starting, given that viral load level. Also those with both HIV and HCV, and not on treatment, tend to progress faster. We treat lots of people with both infections, and at least as we can measure it, they don't seem to be suffering from liver problems because of the HIV meds. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Genital Warts Deadly?
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Does Doxycycline Treat Both Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- What Causes Vaginal Hemorrhaging And Shaking?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.