|Test Kits: Question from a Fellow Practitioner
Feb 14, 2001
Dear Holodniy, What commercial tests are there for detecting HIV "N" and "O" types - would appreciate if you can be specific on the test kit suppliers (if applicable)... I have a patient who had exposure in India which shared more strains with those from Africa... Thanks, RS, M.D.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is no N type test available to my knowledge. The O type test is by Organon Teknika: Vironostika HIV Uni-Form II plus O. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- How Much Does It Cost To Get Tested For Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.