pcr less sensitive?
Feb 14, 2001
Why do some websites say that PCR testing might be less sensitive for diagnosis of HIV infection than ELISA?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Don't know. What context are they discussing the topic and are any references cited? Mh
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Vaginal Sex Without Condom And HIV Transmission Risk
- Burning Penis Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.