|Can PEP affect ELISA window period
Feb 14, 2001
Can taking a 30 day PEP course of AZT and 3TC 12 days after exposure [hence too late to eliminate possible infection] affect the production of antibodies ... thereby prolonging window period beyond 3 or 6 months? Are there any other factors that can extend window period. i.e. Co-infection with HBV or HCV etc Thanks for your answers.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
No data to answer the question. Co-infection would probably not extend the window period. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What's The Difference Between Being Exposed To And Having An Std?
- 90 Day HIV Test After Protected Sex
- Accuracy Of Hiv Test At 1 Years Of Possible Exposition
- Are Cough Fever Runny Nose Sore Neck Hiv Symptoms?
- Can Allergy Medicine Affect Hiv Testing?
- Can You Get Aids From Unprotected Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.