Feb 14, 2001
I have read about the new NAT testing that is being implemented to screen the USA's blood supply. How are these tests better than what is currently being used? Are these tests going to cover all of the subtypes in the HIV 1 spectrum? (a,b,c,d,o,etc)
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Antibiotics Used To Treat Gonorrhea And Chlamydia
- Std Cause A Rash Around Mouth And Nose
- At What Stage Of Hiv Do You Get Itching
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.