Feb 14, 2001
I have read about the new NAT testing that is being implemented to screen the USA's blood supply. How are these tests better than what is currently being used? Are these tests going to cover all of the subtypes in the HIV 1 spectrum? (a,b,c,d,o,etc)
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Type Of Pathogen Causes AIDS?
- If I Have Gonorrhea Do I Have Hiv?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Licking Anus?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Condom Leak And HIV Transmission Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.